Friday, July 25, 2014

Straw Necklace DIY

My kids have been admiring my necklaces ever since I've been wearing more and more jewelry so I thought we could make our own to satisfy this curiosity of the moment. 

I wanted to use what we have on hand since the necklaces were going to be a temporary thing. I looked around the house and decided to cut up the colorful drinking straws for use as beads and the gift wrap ribbons for use as the strings. 

I showed them how to string the ribbon through the straws first. They caught on pretty quickly, and the rest was history. They really enjoyed the entire beading process, especially my daughter. Both of them wore their necklaces for about three days, and it was a forgotten toy after that. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.





Hooray, it's Friday! Have a lovely weekend everyone, and thanks for stopping by!





5 comments:

  1. That's such a creative idea on your part and great that the kids had fun putting their necklaces together.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute diy for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, that is an awesome project for your kids!!! So cool! I know they had a blast. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use colored straws! Definitely needs less prep than dyeing pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and fun DIY idea! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...